I don't have much for resolutions this year. Last year, I made none -- I figured all I had to do in 2011 was be a mom. On New Year's Eve this year, the first thing that popped into my mind is "I want to spend time outside tomorrow." I don't get to be outside enough, and I figured it was a great way to spend the New Year. Plus, an easy "resolution" to meet! So we all bundled up on Sunday morning. V got to try out her new sled. I got to wear my new winter coat -- I've always wanted a good coat for outdoor activities, and finally have one thanks to my husband! Piper got to run and chase after a frozen gourd. Hannah got to hunt mice. And Matt got to follow us all around the yard and field, capturing it all in photos.







I also thought I'd share two more Victoria photos ... they aren't related to New Year's, but show a couple of her recent favorite things.
At the beginning of December, she learned (finally!) to go down the stairs the right way -- i.e. NOT face first. Matt worked with her for months on this, and now she is pretty proud of this new skill. She will often go up and down the stairs repeatedly just for the fun of it.

For her birthday, we gave her a toy four wheeler. At first she wasn't quite sure what to make of it, but in the last week or so it has caught on, and she will climb on all by herself showing off this big goofy grin. She can push herself backwards, but not forwards yet. However, she loves it when Mommy or Daddy push her around the house. We always make "rrrrrrr" noises when we push her. The other day I brought her in the kitchen and said "rrrrrr" to her, and she looked around until she found the four wheeler, then scurried over and climbed on!

If 2012 is half as great as 2011, I will be a very lucky woman!
1 comment:
I love the frozen gourd!
Post a Comment